After a year of project implementation, the initial version of the results was completed. The time for the testing phase came; therefore, we invited a group of over 20 experienced English teachers from three partner countries for 3-day workshops. The INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHERS took place on 20th-22nd of November 2019 in Lublin (Poland).
During these workshops, our experts presented the results and requested feedback from the participants. Thanks to their hard work and commitment, our intellectual outputs have been tested and we are now able to improve them. It was an interesting exchange of experiences. What did the workshops participants say about the lessons? Let’s get to know some opinions:
- Filipa: “(…)The products shown will be an asset in any English Language lesson- the topics explored are very realistic, universal and so easily relatable, too! I believe these lessons can be used by a wide number of adult learners from a wide range of nationalities. I am deeply grateful to be a part of such a great project! Thank you all!”
- Laura: “This experience reminded me of why I enjoy teaching English to adults and how they motivate me to always do my best and go beyond what was defined. (…) The products developed by the experts were quite original, but most of all practical, connected to real life, engaging and easy to follow, both for students and teachers.”
- Paula: “The materials offered for analysis promoted the reflexion about all these aspects and their discussion. The real life situations presented in the e-book are truly interesting, useful and may easily complement our lesson plans, making them more appealing for our students.”
- Cesar: “I was really enthusiastic about the whole idea behind the method which you want to implement. I believe it can really work. It still needs to be polished but it seems that the path is clear and accurate. I especially love the concept of learning as if I was watching a TV series about some characters. It will definitely be an eye-catcher for students. I hope to be able to work with this approach someday in the near future.”
- Wioletta: “Having a chance to preview the new language course for adults was an eye-opener for me because its underlying formula of practical, conversational vocabulary is an idea never-seen-before on the market of language courses.”
- Agnieszka: “I could see a different point of view of teachers from 3 European countries. This meeting changed my style of teaching a little bit and I’ll try to use new methods and ideas during my daily lessons.”
- Weronika: “I think that the project will bridge the gap between adult students’ needs and the materials available on the market.”
These voices have convinced us that we are going in the right direction, but are also a guide to what needs to be improved. The final version of outputs will be ready soon, which will be followed by the dissemination phase. If you’re curious, visit our website and follow us on facebook.